The annual "Day into Night" trials will again be held at the Sudbury site on Saturday 3rd December 2022
The idea is to run a few sections during the daytime, then have a break at dusk, followed by running them again in the darkness. Quite a challenge!
You are allowed one extra pair of lights to help you see better. These must be below bulkhead level, so no roof lights or screen top lightbars. The extra lights don't have to point directly forward, so many people angle them slightly more sideways to show up the canes.
Please book in (and pay) using the form below. You can also see who is coming by checking the second box below.
Notice to all EssexLRC competitive drivers and members regarding the National Rally RTV.
Following discussions with the National Rally organiser, and due to a very low entry number for the National Rally RTV, EssexLRC RTV drivers who had offered their assistance in setting and running the event are now free to enter and take part in the National Rally RTV. Entry booking closes Friday 6th May and you can FIND DETAILS HERE
The event camping starts on Wednesday 1st June. I still require the assistance of any non drivers and CCV or Tyro drivers to help setting out on Wednesday and Thursday, and Group Leading and marshalling and on the Saturday of the event. The CCV is run on the Friday, so the event organisers will be grateful if RTV drivers offer to marshal the CCV on Friday. If anyone who can assist on these days lets me know so I can plan the running of the event. Just fill in the form below.
Further to this, I had planned a visit to the site on the 14/15 May to recce the state of the site after the storms and work out where each section will be. I would be grateful of any assistance from NON-RTV entries that weekend. On site camping on the gallops will be available, you will need to be self sufficient. Please let me know if you can help out.
Once again, please use the form below to offer help.
CoC for RTV – ALRC National Rally 2022
1) I have been given the opportunity to read the General Regulations of Motorsport UK and, if any, the Supplementary Regulations for this Event as well as Motorsport UK COVID-19 Guidance for Events and agree to be bound by them. I declare that I am physically and mentally fit to take part in the Event and I am competent to do so. I acknowledge that I understand the nature and type of competition and the potential risk inherent with motor sport and agree to accept that risk. I understand that motor sport can be dangerous and accidents causing death, injury, disability and property damage can and do happen. I understand that these risks may give rise to my suffering personal injury or other loss and I acknowledge and accept these risks.
1(a)) I am not currently experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 and have not knowingly been in contact with anyone showing symptoms within the last 14 days, except as a healthcare professional. If after submitting this form I do knowingly come into contact (except as a healthcare professional) with someone with COVID-19 or if I start to exhibit any of the signs indicating that I may be infected I will immediately withdraw from the Event, notify Motorsport UK and ensure that my close contacts also do not attend. Should I become ill at or start to exhibit COVID-19 symptoms at the Event I shall withdraw safely and notify the Secretary of the Meeting by telephone / SMS accordingly including identification of those others who I have come into contact with at the Event.2) To the best of my belief the driver(s) possess(es) the standard of competence necessary for an Event of the type to which this entry relates and that the vehicle entered is suitable and roadworthy for the event having regard to the course and the speeds which will be reached. The use of the vehicle hereby entered will be covered by insurance as required by the law which is valid for such part of this Event as shall take place on roads as defined by the law.
3) I understand that should I at the time of this Event be suffering from any disability whether permanent or temporary which is likely to affect prejudicially my normal control of the vehicle, as a driver, I may not take part unless I have a valid RTA licence that permits me to drive on the road and that the car I am competing in is adapted to suit my disability
4) If I am the Parent/Guardian/Guarantor of the driver I have countersigned the competitor licence application and understand that I shall have the right to be present during any procedure being carried out under the event Supplementary Regulations and the General Regulations and that I have acquainted myself and the minor with them, agree to pay any appropriate charges and fees pursuant to those Regulations and agree to be bound by and submit myself without reserve to the consequences resulting from them (and any alteration thereof). Further, I agree to pay as liquidated damages any fines imposed upon me up to the maxima set out in Part 3, Appendix 1.
Note: Where the Parent/Guardian/Guarantor will not be present the Parent/Guardian/Guarantor must advise the organisers in advance, in writing, authorising their appointed representative to so act.
5) I hereby agree to abide by all applicable Motorsport UK Policies and Guidelines including but not exclusively Safeguarding and Anti Alcohol and Drugs policies and the National Sporting Code of Conduct.
6) I have read and shall respect the regulations for Control of Drugs and Alcohol as contained in the General Regulations C1.1.7, D35.1, G15.1.4, H38 and have also fully familiarised myself with the information on the web sites referred to (www.motorsportuk.org, www.ukad.org.uk and www.wada- ama.org) in particular the UK Anti-Doping Rules which have been adopted by Motorsport UK. Further, if I am counter-signing as the parent or Guardian of a minor then in addition to the deemed consent to the testing of that minor (UK Anti-Doping Rule 5.7.2) I hereby confirm that I give such consent for the minor concerned to be so tested.
7) I understand and agree that my personal data is being processed solely for the purposes of running this Event and may be used for the purposes of COVID-19 infection tracing, and will be handled by the organisers in accordance with Motorsport UK data protection policy: www.motorsportuk.org/data-protection.
8) I confirm I will bring all required documentation, licences etc., to the Event as usual and I understand that spot checks will be made with regard to documentation and technical checks.
Indemnity: In consideration of the acceptance of this entry I agree that neither any one of or any combination of Motorsport UK and its associated clubs, the organisers, the track owners or other occupiers, the promoters and their respective officers, servants, representatives and agents (the “Parties”) shall have any liability for loss or damage which may be sustained or incurred by me as a result of participation in the event including but not limited to damage to property, economic loss, consequential loss or financial loss howsoever caused. Nothing in this clause is intended to or shall be deemed to exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury. To the fullest extent permitted by law I agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Parties in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever arising from my participation in this Event.
Pre-event Scrutineering declaration:
By submitting this Declaration and in consideration of being permitted to take part in the above Event I undertake and confirm with the Organisers and Motorsport UK that:
1) I have read and understand the requirements of General Regulations (H)31.1.5 – 31.1.8. As Entrant I shall comply with all Regulations that apply to my Entry including General, Supplementary and Championship Regulations as well as any other Final Instructions.
2) The vehicle complies with all relevant General Vehicle Technical Regulations [(J)5] and relevant Supplementary and/or Championship Regulations
3) The vehicle complies with the relevant Maximum Noise Limit [(J) Appendix 1: Chart 5.18]
Discipline specific Technical
4) The Vehicle complies with the specific Technical Regulations for the discipline [Autotest – (M), Autocross/Rallycross – (N), Cross Country – (P), Rallying – (R), Trials – (T)].
5) The vehicle complies with the relevant General Vehicle Safety Regulations [Section (K)]. And in particular: 6) My Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) complies with the General Regulations where applicable.
ELRC Scrutineering Check List
Items to check
Log Book & Tag number (CCV only)
Recovery points & rope (shackles where required) *
Fire extinguisher & mounting (CCV only)
Bodywork / silhouette *
Seats & seatbelts
Hard top or canvas & sticks (TYRO & RTV only)
Roll cage (CCV only)
Propshaft (front & rear)
Engine & gearbox mounts
Springs, dampers or Leaf-springs, shackles, U-bolts
Wheels, studs, nuts, tyres
Bumpers (width & attachment)
Steering (box, links & rods)
Battery (security & cover) *
Throttle return spring(s)
Fuel tank (security & cover)
Visible vehicle registration plate front and back
Tyre pressure (Minimum 22 psi for TYRO & RTV - Min 12 psi for CCV)
By entering the trial you are confirming that to the best of your knowledge and ability your vehicle passes the test for the above items.
Items marked with a * will be visually checked before you are allowed to compete.