Update 19th March 2020: All Laning Trips, Trials, Charity Event attendance, Pub Meets and Shows are currently cancelled or postponed due to the ongoing Coronavirus situation.
Dates for events, together with the relevant booking forms, will be re-added once the situation has stabilised and Social Activities are restarted. Thank you for your understanding.
I would like to take this opportunity to update you on the club’s position regarding the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak in the UK.
Having looked at the current situation and consulted the available guidance, including that from Motorsport UK, we have decided to cancel the Pub Meet due to be held on Tuesday 17th March. We are uncertain about the availability of The Hare and do not wish to encourage meetings in confined spaces where members of the general public are also close by.
The committee will continue to meet as usual but not in face to face meetings but by teleconference. We have also created a group to monitor and advise on the effects of the Corona Virus outbreak.
We have also decided to continue with the programmed Trials event this weekend (Sunday 15th March) after due consideration of the advice given by Motorsport UK. Trials are conducted outside with limited numbers of entrants and officials, therefore it should always be possible to to have sufficient space to avoid the transmission of the disease. We do, however, request all participants to adhere to the government’s advice regarding washing hands and preventing the spread of Covid-19 via coughing, etc. In addition any member who is planning to attend or compete who feels unwell is requested to stay away and self isolate as per the governments advice.
At this time we are also planning to run the Laning trip planned for Sunday 29th March. There is no need for close contact at laning events and the spread of Coronavirus can be easily avoided. However, we would still request that anyone who feels unwell does not join our laning trip and follows the advice given.
We may be called upon to give support through Essex 4×4 Response and should that happen members of that section will be advised accordingly.
Finally, we are not yet at the time of year for Shows or Event Support and participation in these events will be assessed when the time comes having regard to the spread and severity of the pandemic.
Please see our website or social media for further updates. If any member has any concerns or question they wish to raise with me please do not hesitate to get in touch.